On November 25, 2020, the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) published in the Federal Register a notice [Docket No. USTR–2020–0037] that USTR will convene a virtual public hearing and accept rebuttal comments in the Section 301 investigation concerning Vietnam’s acts, policies, and practices related to the valuation of its currency.
To be assured of consideration, requests to appear at the hearing must be submitted through the Federal eRulemaking Portal: www.regulations.gov (Regulations.gov), following the instructions for submitting comments in section III of the notice by December 10, 2020. The request to appear must include a summary of the testimony. The hearing will be held virtually on December 29, 2020, at 9:30 am. To be assured of consideration, post-hearing rebuttal comments must be submitted by January 7, 2021, at 11:59 pm.
USTR invites hearing testimony regarding:
- Whether Vietnam’s currency is undervalued, and the level of the undervaluation.
- Vietnam’s acts, policies, or practices that contribute to undervaluation of its currency.
- The extent to which Vietnam’s acts, policies, or practices contribute to the undervaluation.
- Whether Vietnam’s acts, policies and practices are unreasonable or discriminatory.
- The nature and level of burden or restriction on U.S. commerce caused by the undervaluation of Vietnam’s currency.
- The determinations required under section 304 of the Trade Act, including what action, if any, should be taken.